[Outages-discussion] YouTube issues in Europe?

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Thu Apr 25 17:14:29 EDT 2013

On 2013-04-25, at 16:58, Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon at cox.net> wrote:

> On 4/25/2013 3:26 PM, Joe Abley wrote:
>>
>> On 2013-04-25, at 14:52, staticsafe <me at staticsafe.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> I just got some reports about YouTube not working properly from
>>> Europe, anyone else seeing any issues?
>>
>> Given the massive number of google cache nodes deployed in eyeball
>> networks combined with the massive number of on-net sources for video
>> content within Google itself, I don't think there's a good answer to
>> this question based on the information given.
>
> Seems like the question asked is anwerable from the data and information given.
>
> [...]
>
> Meta discussions about the format of the question TO THE LIST are probably a waste of energy.

I'm not sure why you think I was commenting on the format of the question; pparently I was too opaque.

My response (to the list, intentionally) was a gentle reminder that for widely distributed services, questions that include supporting information (traceroutes, digs, whether you're using v4 or v6, whatever seems appropriate) are a lot easier to answer than questions that assume monolithic, single-point services.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what your response TO THE LIST was intended to achieve :-)

Joe