[Outages-discussion] Are sustained DDoS attacks against US banks ongoing?

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Fri Jan 4 11:46:55 EST 2013

PNC Bank is telling is customers this (per Dave Farber's "IP" list):

	"A number of banks in the U.S., including PNC, are seeing
	an unusually high volume of traffic at their Internet
	connections. This volume of traffic is consistent with threatened
	cyber attacks on the U.S. banking system and is designed to cause
	access delays for legitimate internet customers."

I neither believe nor disbelieve them at this point...but I'd like
to request independent confirmation of this assertion.  Is there anyone
on this list who can provide that?

---rsk