[Outages-discussion] [adminstrivia] New-Msg Spam

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 16:32:21 EST 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> Our mailing list processing has just been modified to specifically
> catch the 'Fwd: New Message' spam that's been going around again, folks;
> hopefully, you won't see any more of it.
>
> We now return you to your usual outages and occasional silliness.
>
> Thanks to all for keeping the S/N on the main list so high of late; it
> greatly helps those who put an alert on the list folder.

FWIW, a change has been accepted for Mailman to Auto-Moderate verbose
posters and should make it into next release of the v2.x branch.
It's a simple solution, which should easily patch cleanly into any
existing v2.x MM installation, details here:

https://code.launchpad.net/~jimpop/mailman/mailman-auto-mod-verbose-members/+merge/276706

-Jim P.