[Outages-discussion] [outages] Vandalism of CenturyLink fibre in Arizona causes large outage footprint.

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Thu Feb 26 11:44:59 EST 2015

And if shooting it from one side gives dubious results, shoot it from the other side.

The Arizona Republic reported, “Employees from Centurylink told police they stared receiving complaints of interrupted cable and internet service at about noon and, upon checking their system, determined the cause of the outage was coming from…”.  Really?  A major link is down and these employees aren’t getting calls from one of CL’s NOCs?  I would hope that the paper got it wrong, and it’s just that some employees didn’t know but that other staff was already being mobilized.  It’s our own experience that when fiber is cut that we call our fiber tech/contractor first before calling our field staff.

Frank