[Outages-discussion] [outages] Vandalism of CenturyLink fibre in Arizona causes large outage footprint.

L.T. Easterly corqpub at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 16:50:00 EST 2015

I can say they definitely got calls from our NOC, as a gov't contracted
service provider based in Florida, but narrowing it down for them in their
own infrastructure, we probably were only marginally helpful.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Frank Bulk <frnkblk at iname.com> wrote:

> And if shooting it from one side gives dubious results, shoot it from the
> other side.
>

> The Arizona Republic reported, “Employees from Centurylink told police
> they stared receiving complaints of interrupted cable and internet service
> at about noon and, upon checking their system, determined the cause of the
> outage was coming from…”.  Really?  A major link is down and these
> employees aren’t getting calls from one of CL’s NOCs?  I would hope that
> the paper got it wrong, and it’s just that some employees didn’t know but
> that other staff was already being mobilized.  It’s our own experience that
> when fiber is cut that we call our fiber tech/contractor first before
> calling our field staff.
>

> Frank

QTH KMLB/Eau Gallie, Florida::ICOM R75::Alinco DJ-X11::RFSpace
SDR-IQ::Pixel Loop RF-1B:: Uniden HP2
SDR Captures/loggings posted to: https://corq.co when audio quality allows.