[Outages-discussion] [outages] dns cache flush request

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Jan 18 20:15:45 EST 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jeremy Chadwick" <jdc at koitsu.org>

> Maybe we should be asking the responsible contact per SOA? ;-)
>
> ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
> windowsmedia.com. 10800 IN SOA ns1.msft.net. msnhst.microsoft.com.
> 2015011602 7200 1200 2592000 3600

If the problem is that that record leaked into large eyeball caches with
a bad value, then that won't help; in such a case the requester could be
assumed to *be* the person who is the SOA, a point on which I grant you
the OP was pretty content free.

I've had this happen myself a couple times; it's pretty hard to recover
from in a reasonable fashion.

Cheers,
-- jra