[Outages-discussion] Comcast video/net last-mile outages in many markets

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Thu Feb 18 18:14:49 EST 2016

One last post (from me) on this event:
==============================
Comcast offered an apology for this week's service outage, along with a
credit to impacted customers.
<snip>
In an apology posted on the company's website Tuesday, network engineering
exec Kevin McElearney said the issues began around 10:20 a.m. EST on Monday.
On Demand video, as well as broadcast, local and cable TV channels were
inaccessible for about 90 minutes for customers in regions across the
country.
<snip>
Comcast said Monday's TV and video problems occurred because there was an
error within one of the company's network devices and the way it routed
video feeds.
http://www.baystreet.ca/articles/techinsider.aspx?id=631

Frank