[Outages-discussion] Nitel Outage

frnkblk at iname.com frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Apr 21 23:51:20 EDT 2017

Looks like this AT&T outage affected Georgia’s schools, too:

Monitoring - ITS has determined that the AT&T power issue has been resolved. There are a few sites that are still experiencing problems, ITS will work with them individually. Please contact us if you have questions, we will continue monitoring throughout the business day.

Apr 21, 11:48 EDT

Update - AT&T has identified some rectifiers that need to be replaced. We do not have an estimated time of repair (ETR) at this time. ITS will provide additional updates as they become available.

Apr 21, 09:39 EDT

Update - Repairs are underway. Many sites are back up. AT&T continues to work to restore service to the remaining sites. ITS will provide additional updates as they become available.

Apr 21, 09:23 EDT

Update - AT&T has identified a power outage at the co-location where the Bellsouth circuits terminate and continues to work on the issue. ITS will provide additional updates as they become available.

Apr 21, 08:27 EDT

Identified - ITS has been notified that a large number of schools in the North Georgia area have lost access to the Internet. This issue is related to an AT&T circuit outage in the area. AT&T has been notified and is working on the issue.

<snip>

Apr 21, 07:58 EDT

https://status.usg.edu/

Frank