[Outages-discussion] Fwd: [outages] facebook slow

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Nov 20 10:48:31 EST 2018

First, Silo Phenomena Arrogance would be a great name for a rock band.

:-)

Secondly, Russell nails it: just because some service isn't important *to you*,
that doesn't mean there are no people in the 12,000+ subscribership of the main
list to whom it isn't important, if not indeed business critical -- the Facebook
OpenID service being one such example.

Whether using FB as an OpenID provider is a good idea -- much less whether OpenID
itself is a good idea -- are beyond the scope of our discussion here.

Russell, though, spurs me to write the list-reasons-and-expectations email he
mentions; happily, I have a Long Holiday Weekend in which to do so.

And yes, Russ, first-of-the-month emails are common on technical lists; I have
about a dozen I can crib from for style.  :-}

Cheers,
-- jra