[Outages-discussion] Azure Outageks

Russell Zen russellzen at outlook.com
Thu Sep 6 10:08:40 EDT 2018

"But what didnt help was that the resource manager to achieve that resiliency also fell over, and Azure AD Struggled with the loss of a major data centre and having to route around it."

Exactly. Post mortem for this between Azure account managers and their clients' CxO is going to be painful. From a value prop standpoint, and particularly from the client side of Azure I imagine there isn't just going to be questions like," how will you ensure this won't happen again" but also "why should I stay with your cloud when our contract expires?"