[Outages-discussion] HE -> Century link issues

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Thu Dec 10 14:31:50 EST 2020

Once upon a time, Andrei Zbikowski <andrei.zbikowski at gmail.com> said:
> Yup, can confirm I'm seeing no routes between a centurylink consumer fiber
> link and any of HE's networks right now (testing through to ours at AS42495
> and I just get dropped off at Level3 in Seattle).

It appears HE's issues are getting worse.  I have an HE connection at
Atlanta 56 Marietta and lost connectivity to a customer on a Merit
connection in Michigan (as well as some other customers).  Dropped the
HE BGP and I can get there.

Looking in my monitoring, before that I did see HE drop about 10,000
v4 prefixes at about 10:30am CST (and they hadn't picked back up before
I disabled BGP).
--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>