[Outages-discussion] HE -> Century link issues

Jared Geiger jared at compuwizz.net
Thu Dec 10 18:49:41 EST 2020

We saw issues via HE to customers in Florida and Texas on Comcast,
Centurylink, and Spectrum. HE said they had a "Route synchronization
problem" in Atlanta.

Turned both our peering and transit BGP sessions with HE off, things got
worse. Parts of HE's network couldn't see a transit path to us verified by
their looking glass. Brought peering back up and things got better.