[Outages-discussion] [outages] Explosion in Nashville

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Fri Dec 25 15:17:54 EST 2020

Sounds more like someone on some sort of mentally
deranged "mission" to teach someone a
lesson.  Former employee, disgruntled customer.  Who knows.

It certainly sounds more and more like a
domestic, rather than foreign act - warning
messages blaring ahead of time from Al-Qaeda ? Not likely.

My wild ass guess is that whoever did it knew the
building was a major hub for the wireline phone network in the region.

What they thankfully didn't know is those
buildings were built to handle the weight of the
old step-by-step and crossbar switches, and are heavily reinforced.

There are a number of buildings in North America
that are major telecom hubs.  Those of us in the
industry know where they are and what they do,
and have nightmares of things like this happening.

Clayton Zekelman
Managed Network Systems Inc. (MNSi)
3363 Tecumseh Rd. E
Windsor, Ontario