[Outages-discussion] [EXTERNAL] [outages] [META] Some outages are planned

scott weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Sep 8 18:26:56 EDT 2020

Heh, thanks for posting that!  There was no back out plan.  If you have
to back out, you didn't plan well enough and your job was at stake.  I
still see that type of equipment in the back recesses of the ILEC here
in Hawaii.  I go look when I need a few minutes away from everyone in
the middle of a stressful day.  Like looking at old cars, there is a
coolness to it.  How well the wax string was done, how every line is
*perfectly* laid on the cable trays, etc.  Some of these COs are so old,
you can feel the age in the air.  It's kinda creepy at times!

scott