[Outages-discussion] [outages] [META] Some outages are planned

Chris Boyd cboyd at gizmopartners.com
Tue Sep 15 16:01:19 EDT 2020

> On Sep 14, 2020, at 6:46 PM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

So the guy typing at the MAP (do they call them maintenance administrative positions on 5ESS? I’m only a little familiar with Nortel DMS250.) was probably activating the line cards. I wonder if the dramatic switch flip toward the end actually did anything. Definitely understand the amount of pre- and post- work that has to be done. I’ve worked on the IP routing team to support several VoIP virtual cutovers of large subscriber bases from one carrier to another.