[Outages-discussion] [outages] Trouble in Chicago

Ross Tajvar ross at tajvar.io
Thu Mar 11 21:50:40 EST 2021

Hi David,

I'm sending this to -discussion since it's not directly related to the
issue.

Maybe I'm off-base here, but I don't see how an email like this really
helps anyone. At a minimum I would want to know what carrier(s) you are
having an issue with and when the issue started. An email this vague
doesn't provide me any actionable info, or even really give me an idea of
what I might need to check. If you said "my Telia transit out of 350 E
Cermak started experiencing loss at 11:01 AM" or something like that, I
would know to check my Telia service in that building. But with no info, I
can't do anything with this. Even if I *did* notice a problem in Chicago, I
have no way of knowing if it's the same problem you had.

I hope this doesn't come across too critical - I just want to make the
Outages list more useful for everyone.

Best,
Ross