[Outages-discussion] VzW outage resolved

Bob Harman - Huntersville BHarman at ATD-US.com
Wed Nov 10 11:36:35 EST 2021

VzW Enterprise NOC called me back to say the cause of the issue was failed hardware that had not reached sufficient threshold to fail over to redundant hardware.

All of our sites are receiving ICMP responses back now, so they've stopped failing their health checks.  What was weird was that I could initiate a ping to some VzW static IPs, and also received a response, but those same VzW IPs did not receive a response back from initiated echo requests.  At least most of them; it wasn't consistent.

--
Bob Harman