[Outages-discussion] List suggestion?

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Fri Oct 8 02:25:48 EDT 2021

Can the list management software be configured to prefix the first message
in a thread with some boilerplate sentence or two with guidance / reminders
on appropriate replies to the main list?

Maybe we all just need a gentle reminder at the start of any outage that
"me too" is the least useful reply, or that replies must add additional
detail about the scope of the outage, not just confirmation.

     REPLY ONLY IF USEFUL. "Me too" is not. Useful replies include your
     location, carriers, traceroutes, error messages. Keep it short.

Something like that.

Beckman