[Outages-discussion] Was Re: [outages] Comcast / xfinity USA MA

Ryan Chewning ryan at chewning.us
Tue Sep 7 12:20:31 EDT 2021

I'll bite on all points...

Providing a better description of where in Massachusetts can help narrow
down if this is a regional issue vs major issue (backhaul vs CO issues or
another higher layer service issue). Traceroute / DNS lookup information
would be helpful here to showing some troubleshooting homework has been
done before summoning a large number of eyeballs to examine a possible
issue.

Happy to be flogged by the group for being wrong on this, but the
outage-discussion list is a better place for the after action / deep dive
into outage/outrage issues / random bits of outage discussions and
troubleshooting help.

I understand the main list is for confirmed or suspected outages with
information to support either confirmation of an outage or the assertion
that there's an issue. A few replies with a "here too" or "working here"
helps to inform and provide scope to a suspected outage.

I don't think that this initial email is too out of line with the other
outage reports that come through the main list (for better or worse). I
would suggest that before people are quick to flame others with reminders
about the purpose of the list they also consider their post history.

Yes, I put this to outages-discussion off the main list as this isn't an
outage comment!