[Outages] Abovenet fibre cut; Washington D.C.

John A. Kilpatrick john
Wed Dec 20 15:14:04 EST 2006

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> Abovenet's IP group has stated that there's a fibre cut in the
> Washington D.C. area which is affecting their "southern route",
> and peering between Chicago<->DC, FTW/Dallas<->DC, and northern
> Virginia<->DC was affected.

The email I got from AboveNet about the "network event" in the DC area
said that their core routers rebooted.  They haven't mentioned a fiber cut
to me.

--
                                John A. Kilpatrick
john at hypergeek.net                Email|     http://www.hypergeek.net/