[outages] RFC: Formal Ticket Tracking System for outages.org

The Anarcat anarcat at anarcat.ath.cx
Thu Jul 3 15:37:15 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 03:31:45PM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> Me personally, I'm the sort of person who might want to see *all*
> ticket traffic on my blackberry, instead of only the Open messages...
>
> but it's possible that this could be handled by OTRS itself; as a
> signed-up user, I could watch the queue in question, and let that
> mechanism send me the messages, while -notify only got the initial
> Ticket Open messages.  I have to go check the manual, I'm not a wizard
> on OTRS yet.

I know you can be a "Watcher" in RT, which allows you to follow all the
comments/replies on a given queue.

In general, I have had a better experience with RT than OTRS, btw, but I
do not want to start a flamewar around that, you guys choose whatever
you want (or rather, the person/org hosting/managing the service should
get to choose, obviously).

A.

--
C'est trop facile quand les guerres sont finies
D'aller gueuler que c'était la dernière