[outages] Wiki stuff

Janet Sullivan netgeek at bgp4.net
Tue Jun 24 01:06:31 EDT 2008

It occurs to me that this list may in the future be better served by two
lists - one for outage announcements, and one for discussion.  However,
as this is currently the only list, I'll begin here.

One of the topics I would like to see on an outages wiki would be a list
  of sites one could check for outages.  See
http://www.bgp4.net/wiki/doku.php?id=links:network_status for an old
example that never really got off the ground.   I don't really care
where such a list lives - but I've wanted one more than once.  Does
anyone have any good links?

What other kinds of topics would be good for an outages wiki?  At first
I was thinking that major outages (undersea cables, etc.) could be
posted & available via RSS, but I don't see that being kept up to date
well in the long run.  Point being, someone would need to keep it up to
date, and when things are really, really fubar, I imagine most of the
people here will be busy with other things. ;-)