[outages] Level 3 Detroit Outage - Information

Brian DuRoss bduross at mediaspangroup.com
Thu Nov 6 17:14:41 EST 2008

Bill,

This is what I got last night before the cut was repaired. I was
notified at 1:00AM that the splice had been completed. I still saw
some packet loss after the repair but I'm guessing I was still on the
alternate path.

Hope this helps,

-Brian

On Nov 6, 2008, at 2:09 PM, Bill Wichers wrote:

> I saw this splice get completed around at about 17 minutes past
> midnight
> Eastern, but we just started to see a lot of packet loss on Level(3)
> again. Does anyone know if there are further issues with Level(3) in
> Detroit (or elsewhere), or possible if the night's fiber splice failed
> again?
>
>   -Bill
>
>> FYI
>>
>> Level 3 Detroit Service Outage
>>
>>> Deena from Level3 said there is was a fiber cut and no ETA when it
>>> will be repaired. Level 3 ticket # 2940692.

Brian DuRoss
bduross at mediaspangroup.com
Network & Systems Administrator
Information Technology