[outages] fibre cut near 200 Paul, San Francisco

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Thu Apr 9 17:26:50 EDT 2009

Most likely yes, but I was thinking mostly of the home-grown
troublemakers that have always been around. Somehow telecom seems to be
mostly immune from them.

Since there really is no practical way to secure the outside plant (and
to the one that mentioned lockable manhole covers -- have a look at the
"key" to those sometime, there isn't very much security there), the only
thing we can do to keep it safe is to not make a big deal about where it
is or what can harm it.

   -Bill