[outages] FW: RIM issue?

Michael Schuler mike_schuler at me.com
Wed Dec 23 00:24:56 EST 2009

I have 850 users on BES in CHI,ATL, NYC, HOU, SFO,LAX and SAC that are all experiencing an issue with BES services.
The initial problem started with the BIS service and then RIM noticed that the BES side of the NOC was also experiencing issues.
I don't have an exact time for the BIS failure start.  But, I know I saw emails on it fairly early today.  BES notifications didn't come out until
after the 18:33 EST area of time.
I'm waiting to get in on another call with them.  But as it stands they are saying it's not a 100% failure but service is severely
degraded and they're working "all hands on deck" to get it resolved. They don't have an ETA as to the resolution.
At this point the talking points memo is about the best you'll get without signing a RIM NDA.