[outages] 4.2.2.x DNS?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon May 11 15:55:18 EDT 2009

----- "Scott Berkman" <scott at sberkman.net> wrote:
> Also while these servers have been around for some time and are great
> to use in a pinch or for testing, they are not officially supported servers
> and are not what Level 3 would ever give a direct customer to use, so you
> should generally avoid using them for anything production, especially without
> other resolvers in your list.

Configuring anycast isn't the easiest thing to do; if they're *not*
"officially supported" even for L3 customers (which, happily, I am), then why
*do* the still operate them?  Cause they have the coolest IP addresses on
the Internet?

Cheers,
-- jra

    Start a man a fire, and he'll be warm all night.
     Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.