[outages] LD backbone outages?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Jan 4 10:08:08 EST 2010

I'm getting lots of odd PRI busies this morning, with ISDN cause code 127
(which neither me nor my PBX vendor has ever seen or heard of).  They're on
Qwest and Broadwing dedicated IXC circuits, all resold via Airespring.

My boss, who's been doing this longer than me, points out that a) the carriers
involved might rent backbone from one another, and b) resellers get throttled
first in this sort of circumstance... wherefore:

Has anyone heard of any fiber or LD switch outages this morning that they
haven't mentioned yet?  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

    Start a man a fire, and he'll be warm all night.
     Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.