[outages] LD backbone outages?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Jan 4 13:47:53 EST 2010

----- "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> I'm getting lots of odd PRI busies this morning, with ISDN cause code
> 127 (which neither me nor my PBX vendor has ever seen or heard of).
> They're on Qwest and Broadwing dedicated IXC circuits, all resold via
> Airespring.

I suppose I ought to folo on this myself for clarity.

We send calls out some IXC PRIs with caller ID that isn't valid *for those
trunks*, cause (obviously) the incoming calls go to other inbound trunk groups,
and some of that is cross-carrier.  That's apparently become problematic,
because Level3/Broadwing's fraud group has cracked down on outbound CNID.

Whether Qwest has as well or not is an as yet unanswered question, but if
it's not just a screw up on their end, then I'll have to shuffle a lot of
T-1s this week (by which I mean after hours tonight).

Nice of them to all (completely fail to) notify us, though.

Thanks to the several people who made suggestions off list.

Cheers,
-- jra

    Start a man a fire, and he'll be warm all night.
     Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.