[outages] Salesforce Outage

Michael Moeller mwmoeller at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 12:51:48 EST 2010

I had been seeing nearly 50% packet loss to na4.salesforce.com starting at
around 11:20 EST on 2010-03-08 for roughly 20-30 minutes.  I only have a
route to 14340 through 2914.  Packets appeared to be dropped between
128.241.219.22
and 204.14.234.134.  The path appears stable now though.

Does anyone have any additional information on 14340's issue?  It appears
that this is happening more and more.  Growing pains?  Calls to SF Level 1
support are less than productive and requests to escalate to someone with
clue are fruitless.

I know this is a single site outage and not a provider outage, but I'm
hoping somone clueful might have more information.

Thanks in advance for any additional information.

Mike