[outages] Salesforce Outage

Kaegler, Mike KaeglerM at tessco.com
Thu Mar 11 11:56:03 EST 2010

> Did anyone else using Salesforce just experience a 35 minute outage?

Aye. Packet loss around 90%, latency on surviving packets in the  1.8
second range. Traceroute seemed to indicate fine (during normal
operation it doesn't go past ae-44-99.car4.sanjose1.level3.net for me).

Cleared up now. We're pre-production over here, just integration people
working with SFDC. I have the feeling the crazed "WHATS WRONG WITH THE
INTERNET!" I got was a taste of the future. I'm imagining every phone in
engineering/helpdesk starts ringing simultaneously...

What are you folks doing to gather stats/inform helpdesk when the cloud
fails? Any IPSLA monitors help?

Thanks,
-porkchop