[outages] Extended outage at Vitelity / XO?

Graham Freeman graham.freeman at cernio.com
Fri May 21 03:10:59 EDT 2010

Hi, folks,

All 30 of the DIDs I have at one of VOIP providers, Vitelity.net, have been offline for more than 8 hours as of this writing.

Vitelity quickly acknowledged the problem, and are characterizing this as a "global DID outage" at XO Communications, affecting "over 100,000 of [Vitelity's] DIDs alone and many others throughout [XO's] network."    Now, I know major outages happen, and service with Vitelity has been generally good, but 8 hours and counting is pretty awful.

I'm worried that this may in fact be a contract dispute of some kind between Vitelity and XO.

Can anyone else confirm Vitelity's report of widespread outages with XO?

thanks,

Graham Freeman
graham.freeman at cernio.com (Email/Jabber/SIP)
+1 415 462 2991 (office)