[outages] Issues happening at Layer42 or PAIX?

Steve Rubin ser at layer42.net
Sat Jun 18 02:44:52 EDT 2011

> The problem hasn't cleared up.  Instead, it appears in both cases
> someone has induced reconvergence/route priority to route *around* the
> PAIX.  It looks like San Jose is now exclusively in use.

What you saw was probably related to this, as we saw a few peers flapping during that time period.

Dear Equinix Customer,

IBX(s): SV8
PRODUCTS: Equinix Internet Exchange
SR#: 1755835
Date and Time of Occurrence: 06/17/2011 20:28:14 Site Local Time

INCIDENT SUMMARY: Equinix Exchange

INCIDENT DESCRIPTION:

You may have experienced a brief interruption with your PAIX/Equinix Exchange services.

This issue is now resolved and service returned to normal as of 22:00 Site Local Time.

Sincerely,
Equinix US NOC
Phone: 888-892-0607 or 408-451-5200

--