[outages] Dreamhost outage?

Josh hawk82 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:37:37 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Frank Bulk <frnkblk at iname.com> wrote:
> Their status page is supposed to be http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/ but I
> can’t access that, either.
>

> Frank

I suppose I should have just posted this. The Status page loads for
me, albeit slowly. It is probably getting hammered by customers asking
the same questions.

[quote from site]
Network outage
Posted (March 14th, 2011 at 2:20 am PST) by patrickm

We apologize for the downtime as our core network is offline at the
moment. Our network admin is addressing the issue and we expect
service to resume shortly. This will prevent access to the customer
web panel.

Update: This issue is now resolved! This was due to network
maintenance which was not supposed to have any effect on connectivity,
but sadly did. We are investigating this more thoroughly and if we
have any additional info to provide, it will be posted here! Thanks
for your patience with this outage. Please contact Support if you are
still experiencing any issues.

Update 5:41 am (Pacific): We apologize, as we are experiencing another
outage. Our network admin is working on the issue at this time and we
expect it to be resolved shortly. This outage will affect core
services such as the Web Panel and WebMail. We will update this post
as soon as we have more information or when the issue is resolved!

Update 7:11 am: We are currently operating on half of a core, so
partial connectivity has been restored. We are working to resolve an
issue with one of the cisco core supervisors not maintaining it’s
configuration. Systems that are affected by this are our servers
located at our downtown Los Angels, CA location (including the panel)–
servers at our LAX data center are not affected by this outage.
[/quote]

Hope this helps.