[outages] Dreamhost outage?

Michael Schuler mike at schuler.me
Mon Mar 14 12:38:04 EDT 2011

It took a minute to load for me on ATT Uverse in IL.
Top update is as follows:
We apologize for the downtime as our core network is offline at the moment. Our network admin is addressing the issue and we expect service to resume shortly. This will prevent access to the customer web panel.

Update: This issue is now resolved! This was due to network maintenance which was not supposed to have any effect on connectivity, but sadly did. We are investigating this more thoroughly and if we have any additional info to provide, it will be posted here! Thanks for your patience with this outage. Please contact Support if you are still experiencing any issues.

Update 5:41 am (Pacific): We apologize, as we are experiencing another outage. Our network admin is working on the issue at this time and we expect it to be resolved shortly. This outage will affect core services such as the Web Panel and WebMail. We will update this post as soon as we have more information or when the issue is resolved!

Update 7:11 am: We are currently operating on half of a core, so partial connectivity has been restored. We are working to resolve an issue with one of the cisco core supervisors not maintaining it’s configuration. Systems that are affected by this are our servers located at our downtown Los Angels, CA location (including the panel)– servers at our LAX data center are not affected by this outage.