[outages] Verizon fiber-cuts NY & PA (was Re: Further Verizon outages in northeast?)

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat May 28 17:23:27 EDT 2011

Article about this:
http://www.9wsyr.com/mostpopular/story/Verizon-FiOS-outage-for-internet-and-
digital/ZUONYwi9WkeiakvcALm0Dg.cspx

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: outages-bounces at outages.org [mailto:outages-bounces at outages.org] On
Behalf Of Christopher Pilkington
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 11:39 AM
To: outages at outages.org
Subject: [outages] Verizon fiber-cuts NY & PA (was Re: Further Verizon
outages in northeast?)

Verizon is experiencing two fiber cuts, one in a manhole/fault fire in
Manhattan (previously reported as Mahopac), NY and a second cut on
their leg between Binghamton, NY and Olyphant, PA, just north of
Scranton, which was weather related.  The latter appaears to be a
Cavalier Tel fiber.

These failures have isolated multiple OC-192 between upstate NY and
New York City.

They still do not have access to repair the Manhattan vault, and a
crew is working the PA cut.