[outages] Cogent outage Chicago area

outages969 outages969 at lacutt.com
Mon Apr 16 16:52:03 EDT 2012

Outage appears to be related to a manhole fire:

"""
http://status.cogentco.com
Welcome to the Cogent Communications status page. At this time 4:15 PM
04/16/2012 some of our Chicago customers may be experiencing loss of
service due to a manhole fire which has damaged power, phone and fiber
cable. Our fiber vendor has given us a best case ETR of Tuesday evening.
The Master ticket for this priority issue is HD5080477.
"""

John