[outages] Verizon CO's in lower Manhattan?

Chad Sutton CSutton at mahercomm.com
Tue Nov 6 13:45:59 EST 2012

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who's been providing Sandy-related updates - massively helpful to get some out-of-band information.

I have a question - hoping someone on the list can help: our primary Internet circuit is through Cogent, via Verizon local loop. Cogent's facility at 33 Whitehall in NYC was hit hard, but evidently they're back up on generator power as of yesterday. Since we're off-net, right now we're at the mercy of Verizon to get their side of things back up and running, and we've gotten very little info on that front (which we completely understand given the massive outages Verizon and other telcos are still facing right now.) Cogent has been great with their own updates, but they're still saying there's no solid ETR on Verizon.

Does anyone have any insight into when Verizon may restore service to their impacted CO's downtown?

Thanks in advance
Chad

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete all copies.