[outages] Verizon CO's in lower Manhattan?

Stephen Wilcox steve.wilcox at ixreach.com
Tue Nov 6 14:01:08 EST 2012

I dont have updates but this article is worth reading, shows how bad the
building was last week:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204707104578091171538491386.html?mod=WSJ_hp_EditorsPicks

On 6 November 2012 18:45, Chad Sutton <CSutton at mahercomm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks to everyone who's been providing Sandy-related updates - massively
> helpful to get some out-of-band information.
>
> I have a question - hoping someone on the list can help: our primary
> Internet circuit is through Cogent, via Verizon local loop. Cogent's
> facility at 33 Whitehall in NYC was hit hard, but evidently they're back up
> on generator power as of yesterday. Since we're off-net, right now we're at
> the mercy of Verizon to get their side of things back up and running, and
> we've gotten very little info on that front (which we completely understand
> given the massive outages Verizon and other telcos are still facing right
> now.) Cogent has been great with their own updates, but they're still
> saying there's no solid ETR on Verizon.
>
> Does anyone have any insight into when Verizon may restore service to
> their impacted CO's downtown?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Chad
>

>  This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
> addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
> otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying
> of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
> recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
> to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
> in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete all copies.

Director / Founder
IX Reach Ltd
E: steve.wilcox at ixreach.com
M: +44 7966 048633
Tempus Court, Bellfield Road, High Wycombe, HP13 5HA, UK.