[outages] Ok, ok; Jeezus, people... it was a joke.

Stephen Wilcox steve.wilcox at ixreach.com
Thu Feb 7 19:52:48 EST 2013

It should be but it seems to have descended into website outage, dns blips
and localised cable provider reporting lately.

Perhaps time for a new list with less noise?

"The primary goal of this mailing list ("outages") is for outages-reporting
that would apply to failures of major communications infrastructure
components having significant traffic-carrying capacity, similar to what
FCC provided prior to 9/11 days but they seem to have pulled back due to
terrorism concerns. Some also believe that LEC's and IXC's also like this
model as they no longer have to air their dirty laundry. Then again, this
mailing list is not about making anyone look bad, its all about information
sharing and keeping network operators & end users abreast on the situation
as close to real-time information as possible in order to assess and
respond to major outage such as routing voice/data via different carriers
which may directly or indirectly impact us and our customers. A reliable
communications network is essential in times of crisis. "