[outages] Ok, ok; Jeezus, people... it was a joke.

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Thu Feb 7 20:04:26 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Stephen Wilcox <steve.wilcox at ixreach.com>wrote:

> It should be but it seems to have descended into website outage, dns blips
> and localised cable provider reporting lately.
>
> Perhaps time for a new list with less noise?

Or a stronger definition of "major?"  I recently started a discussion on a
state-wide Cox outage.  That seems major to me, but I really don't know if
that's within the list terms.  Many times people post up that their one
home internet connection is down, which clearly is outside the scope.  Some
better definition and enforcement of such may help.

There was a discussion on whether Facebook is a major part of
"infrastructure" some time ago.  As much as most of us would like to say
it's not, the reality is that to many end users it is the internet or the
e-mail system.  Does this list apply to that?

I'm subscribed here so I can learn of things that will affect our
customers, and therefore us.  We are a VoIP hosted service company with
customers globally, to IP and PSTN outages everywhere affect us.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve