[outages] trouble at AWS US-EAST-1a?

Blair Trosper blair.trosper at gmail.com
Mon May 13 13:47:40 EDT 2013

Right.  And I have a question about that.  To wit:

When AWS posts outages, like the one around this time last year that
affected to AZs, they named them by letter (b and d if memory serves).  But
I was viewing that page from a friend's computer who doesn't use AWS, and I
wasn't signed in.  So how do we know which "B" is "B" and which "D" is "D"
when they give AZ outage reports?

Anyone have any insight into this?