[outages] Lightower/Sidera - NYC

Vincent Aniello VAniello at portware.com
Thu Nov 7 07:08:51 EST 2013

We are seeing the same issues with Sidera in New York.

--Vincent

From:   Gaurav Taparia <gaurav.taparia at gmail.com>
To:     Jayson Navitsky <jnavitsky at gmail.com>
Cc:     outages at outages.org
Date:   11/07/2013 07:06 AM
Subject:        Re: [outages] Lightower/Sidera - NYC
Sent by:        "Outages" <outages-bounces at outages.org>

Yes. Heavy packet loss on their circuits in NYC.
- Gaurav.
On Nov 7, 2013 5:28 PM, "Jayson Navitsky" <jnavitsky at gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone else seeing any issues in NYC with Lightower/Sidera?  Starting
around 6:05AM (EST) we saw heavy packet loss across their network (from
Sidera legacy) and some of our point to points bounce. The P to P's have
some what stabilized (though we've seen a couple more bounces since then)
the IP side of things have been pretty much unusable (we shut our session
down.)  It also looks like their phone system is having a problem - calls
into them seem to drop after trying to connect to the NOC - which I'm sure
is pretty busy.

-Jayson