[outages] EBT systems down nationwide / Xerox ACS processing

Edward Vielmetti edward.vielmetti at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 16:37:59 EDT 2013

and the PR statement from Karen Arena of Xerox:

"During a routine test of our back-up systems Saturday morning,
Xerox’s Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) system experienced a
temporary shutdown. While the system is now up and running,
beneficiaries in the 17 affected states continue to experience
connectivity issues to access their benefits. This disruption impacts
EBT beneficiaries who rely on the system for SNAP and WIC. Technical
staff is addressing the issue and expect the system to be restored
soon.  Beneficiaries requiring access to their benefits can work with
their local retailers who can activate an emergency voucher system
where available. We appreciate our clients’ patience while we work
through this outage as quickly as possible"

edward.vielmetti at gmail.com