[outages] Savvis/CenturyLink issues this AM

Bill Weiss houdini+outages at clanspum.net
Tue Apr 22 22:22:50 EDT 2014

Chris Swingler(chris at chrisswingler.com)@Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 09:09:58PM -0500:
> Yeah. This has been a disaster, and we've been seeing this since at least 9:00 AM CDT. I can't even make it from my apartment on the west side of Chicago over to CH3 without seeing 85% packet loss (via Comcast).
>
> The most recent we've heard is that they'll be doing their rebooting of stuff 6-8 hours after 3:00 PM, so 9:00 to 11:00. We'll see. In the interim, I think I'll order another pint. ;)

When I spoke to someone at their incident team around 6:50PM, they said
the same "in the next 6-8 hours" window, so until 3AM?  Yikes.  The ~4PM
email said they would "notify all impacted clients via email at the
beginning and after the completion of the maintenance activity" and I
still haven't received anything.

--
Bill Weiss