[outages] Savvis/CenturyLink issues this AM

Bill Weiss houdini+outages at clanspum.net
Wed Apr 23 05:59:43 EDT 2014

Sean Lally(sean.lally at crownpeak.com)@Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 05:48:47AM -0400:
> ...and they were never heard from again.

I went to bed in despair :)  Overnight updates: 2345-0330 things were
rebooted (sessions bounced, etc).  0330 brought "Repairs on node 2 in the
Chicago region uncovered a possible issue with a card in node 2. We are
still expecting to complete repairs at 0400 CT. But may run over by a half
hour."

Last update at 0446 was "We have completed repairs in the Chicago region,
but are seeing a small subset of clients with aberrant behavior. Further
updates will be sent within an hour."

Packet loss certainly seems to have gotten better.

--
Bill Weiss