[outages] Barracuda ESS and Cloud Protection Layer global outage

jungle Boogie jungleboogie0 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 21:19:21 EST 2014

Hi Scott,
On 23 December 2014 at 07:20, Scott Lambert via Outages
<outages at outages.org> wrote:
> 08:55:31 Tue Dec 23 $ telnet d61692a.ess.barracudanetworks.com 25
> Trying 64.235.150.197...
> telnet: connect to address 64.235.150.197: Connection refused
> Trying 64.235.154.66...
> telnet: connect to address 64.235.154.66: Connection refused
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
>
> From web site sales chat:
>
> "
> There is an outage with ESS and cloud protection layer affecting our customers globally at the moment
> our engineering team are working to fix this issue right now
> we do not have any ETA's at the moment

I don't use this barracuda product but I do use another so when I
logged into https://login.barracudanetworks.com/auth/login/

I saw this message:

The Barracuda Email Security Service is currently experiencing delays
in email traffic for a segment of our customers. We are actively
working to resolve the issue and will provide further updates here[0].
If you are experiencing delays, please file a support ticket here[1].

> "
>
> Since "early this morning"
>
> --
> Scott Lambert                    KC5MLE                       Unix SysAdmin
> lambert at lambertfam.org

[0] https://community.barracudanetworks.com/
[1] You'll need to be logged in to create a new case.

--
-------
inum: 883510009027723
sip: jungleboogie at sip2sip.info