[outages] Looks like Bell Canada just got a hit

Olinek, Nick nolinek at gazellecorporation.com
Thu Apr 30 14:22:38 EDT 2015

I got this out of bell:

Start Time:    9:38AM

End Time:   10:28AM

Outage Duration:  50 min

Root Cause:  Prep work being done for a future Change Management release
for CRS expansion caused the network outage.

For now all prep work related to this provisioning job has been halted by
Network team and is under review.  The actual expansion once ready to
proceed will be done as a release and notification sent to our customers as
per Change Management guidelines.

The outage also impacted out Help Desks where customers were getting fast
busy due to the high volume of calls along with congestion on the Bell
Mobility network as services restored due to call volumes as well.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 10:44 AM, Ivan Kovacevic via Outages <
outages at outages.org> wrote:

> Got reports from our corporate users that their Mobile phones stopped
> working around 9:45 am ET. Recovered in some areas, others still out. Based
> on the reports below it seems to affect other services as well beyond
> mobile.
>

> https://canadianoutages.com/status/bell
>

> Best Regards,
>

> Ivan Kovacevic