[outages] Level3/TW Telecom issues?

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Aug 27 15:54:31 EDT 2015

--- outages at outages.org wrote:

Root Cause: An unknown issue in Chicago, IL was impacting IP services.
Fix Action: Adjustments were made to resolve the issue and restore services.

was impacting IP services. Tier III Technical Support were
engaged to assist with investigations, and adjustments were
made to resolve the issue and stabilize traffic. Monitoring
continues to ensure stability. Should further issues be
experienced, please contact the Level 3 Technical Service
Center.

This has got to be one of the funniest (stoopidest?) tickets
I've seen in a long time.  We don't know what the problem is,
but we made 'adjustments' to fix it and the network's now
stable.  If it's an unknown problem, how do you know what to
'adjust' to fix it?

scott