[outages] OR/WA/CA Fiber Cut?

Aaron C. de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Thu Dec 10 17:53:04 EST 2015

It got bad pretty quick out here.

I'm aware of 6 different slides along major roads here near Vancouver, WA
(I-5, US-30, SR-4, etc...).

I think we've had 4 'tornados' in the past 20 years.  Including the one
that hit a few hours ago, we've had two this year.

I'm not sure of the exact route of most of the Seattle-PDX fiber along I-5,
but I wouldn't be surprised if some of it is under water at the moment.
Some of the gauges measured 8-9 inches of rain over the span of a few hours
yesterday with more coming in over the next 24-48 hours.  Then it's
supposed to let up and freeze.  ;)

-A