[outages] Charter Voice outage

Mitchell Kuch mitch at basejp.com
Fri Jan 30 19:03:42 EST 2015

This appears to be impacting business lines delivered via a DOCIS MTA. It appears as if many (most?) MTAs were, at times, unable to register with the call managers.

SIP trunks and PRI services (delivered via SIP) seem to be unaffected.

Any contradictions, reports of trouble with residential service, or IP service (for customers without the modem, router, MTA thing)?

 - - Mitchell